Kenya is among the top best countries in Africa that one would wish to settle in either temporary residence or permanent residence. Besides, you can obtain Kenya residency by marriage. This is because of its riveting history that makes it more compelling. Besides, Kenya has many businesses opportunities both leashed and unleashed which you can be able to engage into and become one of the tycoons in the world although this requires a work permit.
Guidelines on How to Get a Residence Permit in Kenya
If you are wondering how to get a residence permit in Kenya, the following simple steps will be a perfect guideline for you:
- Create a log in account within the Government of Kenya.
- After creating an account, log in to access eFNS portal.
- Select apply now.
- Submit application by clicking on the tab and select the residence.
- Fill the application letter for permanent residence Kenya.
- An invoice will be generated and you can view by clicking the dashboard then payments tab.
- Make payments using your preferred method of payments given there.
- An email will be sent to you automatically showing you the progress of your account.
This is the easiest way you can use to apply for a temporary residence permit Kenya or a permanent residence Kenya.
Kenya Residence Permit Fee
The cost of Kenya residence permit fee is approximately Ksh. 200,000. The permit will last for a period of two years before it expires.
When the permit expires, you will need to renew it. The renewal of work permit in Kenya costs an average of Ksh. 150,000. Besides, East African work permit Kenya can also be renewed without any difficulties as long as you follow the required procedure and make the necessary payments.
Permanent Residence Application Checklist
These are the requirements needed for you to have a permanent residence in Kenya:
- Have an application letter.
- Duly filled permanent residence application form signed and stamped by a legal magistrate.
- Two passport photographs.
- Original police clearance certificate.
- Copy of valid tax compliance certificate.
- Fully filled residence status form generated after completing your application form.
This permanent residence checklist will help you during the residence permit application. Ensure you note them to ease your permit application process.
Kenya residence permit is easy to obtain depending on the type of information you have at hand. The rights of a permanent resident in Kenya are protected under the constitution. This makes Kenya a safe place to reside.