You may lose your passport for a variety of reasons and become concerned. Nowadays, you should not worry too much about losing your passport. However, you should be cautious about protecting it in order to avoid incurring certain costs. In Kenya, you can apply for a lost passport at a reasonable cost.
In this article, I am going to show you how to replace a lost passport in Kenya and a mutilated passport in Kenya using a simple procedure that will work well for you.
Let us get started on how to apply for a lost passport in Kenya:
- Log in to the eCitizen portal.
- Click on the Directorate of Immigration Services.
- Click on the passport application.
- Select the passport owner as either a child or an adult.
- Choose the type of passport you want to replace.
- Select the lost passport application.
- Fill in the lost passport application form.
- Upload the required documents.
- Download and print the forms.
- Book an appointment with the immigration department in your county.
- Attend the appointment with the printed application form and the required documents.
- Your passport will be processed and you can pick it up after a few days.
This is the way to apply for a lost passport in Kenya.
Requirements for a Lost Passport Application
Here are some of the lost passport application requirements in Kenya:
- Police abstract.
- Applicants national identity card.
- Affidavit for lost passport in Kenya.
- Recommender ID copy.
- A letter explaining how you lost the passport.
- Lost passport fee.
Are you wondering how long it takes to replace a lost passport in Kenya? It takes an average of six weeks to get a replacement passport in Kenya.
Lost passport tracking number Kenya is given by sending an SMS to 2032 where you will get an instant detailed message.
It is easy to replace a lost passport in Kenya provided you carefully follow the given instructions and have the required documents.