Radiologists specialize in diagnosing and treating of diseases and injuries. Have you ever thought of becoming a radiologist here in Kenya? Well, you are at the perfect site as I am going to guide you through the insider secrets that will help make your dream come true.
Here are the steps on how to become a radiologist in Kenya:
- Attain a minimum mean grade of B+ in the KCSE.
- Attain a minimum grade of B+ in the core subjects such as Mathematics, English, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- Apply for a Bachelor of Radiography and Medical Imaging.
- Select your university of choice.
- Attain your degree in Bachelor of Radiography in Kenya.
- Join the Kenya Medical Association so as to create a network communication that will help you secure a job easily.
- Apply for your license, which will give you authorization to treat patients.
- Apply for radiology jobs in Kenya.
This is how you become a radiologist in Kenya.
Radiology Course Requirements
- KCSE minimum mean grade of B+.
- A minimum grade of B+ in the core subjects.
- Pass with two relevant subsidiaries in Physics and Biology.
These are the university requirements, which slightly differ from the KMTC radiography requirements, which require a minimum grade of C+.
Universities Offering Radiography Courses in Kenya
- Radiography at Kenyatta University.
- Moi University, Eldoret.
- Maseno University.
- The University of Nairobi.
- Mount Kenya University.
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
- Kenya Methodist University
Enroll today for a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Radiography and Imaging in order to become a radiologist in Kenya. It is a career worth studying as it is highly marketable due to the high demand created in health facilities. Besides, radiologists earn a high amount of salary on a monthly basis.