ISP (Internet Service Provider) is a valuable business to enter since it yields the highest earnings. This is because the majority of Kenyans have not taken advantage of this opportunity, it is less competitive. Furthermore, in order to make your business run smoothly, you must have a better understanding of the target market.
Are you wondering how to be an ISP in Kenya? Well, I’ve got you covered as I am going to take you through some informative details that will help you turn your dream into reality.
Guidelines on How to Become an ISP in Kenya
Here is the procedure for how to become an ISP in Kenya:
- Draft a strategic ISP and network business plan that will act as your guide.
- Conduct thorough market research to identify your target market.
- Research on laws that apply to the ISP license application.
- Acquire the required ISP license in Kenya and permits by filling in the application forms and paying the required fees.
- Look for an ideal place where you will set up your business.
- Consider the roofing styles of homes as they may either hinder your ISP business or support it. The location should be a place full of apartments.
- Set your business in a higher topography so that your network is always fast at the top.
- To be among the fiber providers in Kenya, you need to have fiber connectivity by buying it from Safaricom internet resellers, Zuku, and Jamii Telecommunications Limited, among others.
- Purchase the correct hardware and software.
- Building the network, such as switching and routing topology for your network.
- You can mainly market your business through advertisements.
This is how you become an ISP in Kenya and then proceed to sell internet service after setting up an ISP business.
Cheap Internet Providers in Kenya
You may also be interested in knowing about the cheap internet providers in Kenya, which include the following:
Buying these internet providers will help you save a lot, as they are almost the same as how to get free internet in Kenya.
How to Start Reselling Internet in Kenya
You may desire to know how to make internet and start reselling internet in Kenya:
- Buy a wireless router.
- Connect the cables to your internet modem.
- Configure your router by setting your username and password.
- Connect your internet and enjoy being online.
This is how to get internet in Kenya, which can help you in setting up an internet reseller business.
ISP Equipment List
These are some of the equipment that you will need prior to starting an internet reseller business.
- A computer.
- Wi-Fi gateway
- Compatible DSL modem.
- Line filters.
- Network interface.
The Internet is becoming a basic requirement in the modern world, and thus it is in high demand, making ISP provider businesses more lucrative. You basically need a few requirements to set up this business that will bring you maximum profits. Follow the given guidelines and you will become one of the ISPs in Kenya.