I have prepared an easy guide on how to pay land rates using Mpesa just to make your life easy and enhance compliance with the Kenyan laws.
Whether you are looking for how to pay land rates for Kiambu, how to pay land rates for Machakos County, Nairobi City County land rates or any relevant information about paying with Mpesa, your are in the right place.
Land ownership in Kenya may be a thrilling experience. It’s a source of happiness as well as a step toward safeguarding your family’s future.
As a landowner, you must verify that all paperwork is in order and that you follow all rules and regulations.
Land Rent Payment Using Mpesa
This is a step by step process of how to pay land rent in Kenya using Mpesa at your comfort:
Register by sending a sms with the word ‘lands’ to the number 21504.
You will then receive a sms indicating that you have successfully subscribed to the land service.
After registration one is required to dial *512# in order to be able to access the service.
Once you dial *512# you will receive a prompt asking you whether you want to proceed with the registration.
The prompt indicates that the service is charged at Kshs. 5.1 per sms.
If you choose to proceed, another prompt will give you options which include register your land, track application, pay land rent and the Likoni scheme.
Choose the option you want to use, in this case its pay land rent.
Option 1: Pay Land Rent
Enter your land reference (LR) number, enter your I.D number and confirm your details. You will receive an SMS with payment options.
Option 2: Register Lans
The Ministry would like to have contact details of all land owners. As such one is required to input their Title number, Full names, I.D number and Land Rent amount (as it appears on title).
An advantage of this system is that once you have successfully registered, you will be notified if and when someone conducts a search on your parcel of land. I believe this will be helpful in this era of land grabbing.
Option 3: Track Your Application
Enter your application number as sent to you upon booking your documents at Ardhi House.
Easy Way To Conduct Online Land Search
This is how to conduct online land search:
1. Log onto the e-Citizen portal and sign up (if already registered sign in)
2. Click on Ministry of Land, Housing & Urban Development link and choose Land Search
3. Enter the title number e.g. Nairobi/Block123/321. Fill the online form and submit.
4. Confirm details and proceed to pay using the available payment methods which include mpesa, debit cards, credit cards or bank transfers.
5. Once the payment has been confirmed, the applicant can then proceed to print the results. However, if you decide not to print the results will still be available online in your e-Citizen account.