Passports are essential for travelers because they serve as identification for a person as a citizen of another country. It also helps in protecting them from the laws and rights of that country. Furthermore, passports are available in the country where you are a citizen, and they include information such as photos, names, and gender, among other things.
If you are looking for how to apply for a passport in Kenya, then here is the procedure that will work well for you:
- Log in to www.ecitizen.go.ke and register.
- Visit immigration.ecitizen.go.ke and click on the passport application form for Kenya.
- Carefully go through the given instructions.
- Fill in the www.ecitizen.go.ke passport application form.
- Payment of the passport fees is done using your preferred method of payment.
- Download the e-passport application for Kenya.
- Print the application form and the payment receipts.
- Submit the application form physically to the immigration offices.
This is how you can use the eCitizen portal to apply for your passport from the comfort of your home.
Passport Application Kenya Requirements
- Original and a copy of the birth certificate.
- A well-filled passport application form.
- Current size passport photos.
- Old passport for replacement, if any.
- Original and a photocopy of your National Identity Card.
- Consent letter for minors.
These are some of the E-passport application Kenya requirements that you must present for your passport to be processed.
Are you curious to know how much a passport renewal costs in Kenya? Passport renewal costs range from Ksh. 6,000 to Ksh. 13,000 depending on the type of passport you want to renew.
Types of passports in Kenya
- Regular passport.
- Diplomatic passports.
- Temporary passport.
- Official passport.
Applying for a passport in Kenya has become much easier since the introduction of online applications, which allow you to self-serve from the comfort of your own home. Furthermore, following the legal procedure makes obtaining a passport easier.