A national official will sometimes issue a card to a foreign-born resident of a country to prove that they are who they say they are, even though they were not born there. This is known as an “alien card.” There are a variety of names for the alien card, including the green card, permanent visa, permanent resident card, and others.
An alien card in Kenya serves primarily as an identification card for foreigners who have resided in the country for at least three months. This card can be obtained from the eFNS portal Kenya, where FNS Kenya stands for Foreign National Service (FNS).
If you are looking for how to apply for an alien ID in Kenya, then here is the procedure that you can use:
- Create an eFNS account within the Government of Kenya single sign-on portal.
- Log in to the portal to access the information that you need.
- Click on Apply Now using the provided link.
- Fill in your personal information to register.
- Click on “submit” to proceed to the next page.
- You will be directed to another application link.
- Click here to apply now.
- An automatic display of your online application form will be seen.
- Fill in the forms correctly and upload the required documents.
- Payments are made by clicking on the wallet icon.
- Print the payment receipt and submit it to the immigration headquarters offices.
- Your application has been verified and approved.
- Your fingerprints are then recorded by the immigration officer.
- Your Alien ID will be ready after two weeks of submitting your application.
FNSimmigration.go.ke account password reset is done when you have forgotten your password.
To sum up, alien ID in Kenya can be easily applied for only if you follow the right legal procedure. Besides, if you are a foreigner, it is good to have an alien ID for identification purposes.