Marriage is always a covenant between two people, with the physical symbol of a marriage certificate, which is important in many aspects of modern life. A marriage certificate is issued not only to couples who have had civil marriages in Kenya but also to couples who have had other types of marriages.
Both parties can now electronically sign the marriage certificate application. Perhaps you want to learn how to apply for a marriage certificate online but don’t know where to start. I’ve got your back because this article will educate you on a variety of topics.
Marriage Certificate Application
Let us get started on the guide on how to apply for a marriage certificate online in Kenya:
1. Open this link in your browser: oag.ecitizen.go.ke
2. Log in to the eCitizen portal and click on marriage certificates.
3. Click on Apply for a Marriage Certificate.
4. Fill in the marriage certificate application form correctly.
5. Upload the required documents.
6. Make an appointment to visit the Registrar of marriages in Kenya.
7. Attend your appointment with your spouse and the duly filled out marriage application form.
Your marriage certificate will now be ready.
I hope you are now equipped with knowledge on how to apply for a marriage certificate online.
Marriage Registration Requirements
You may also desire to know the requirements for marriage registration, which are:
- A valid copy of a national identity card or a passport.
- Colored sized passport photos.
- Birth certificates of the spouse.
- A death certificate if widowed.
- Proof of no impediment to marriage.
You may as well want to know the Registrar of Marriages Kenya contacts:
In conclusion, a marriage certificate is a legal document that shows that people are married to each other. It is used for various purposes, such as wealth division, entry into Kenyan politics, among others.