Professional doctors not only work in healthcare organizations but also in other fields such as the military. Military hospitals in Kenya cater for military personnel with injuries and sickness.
Furthermore, military battalions are always prone to dangers such as gunshots and climate change, among others. This highly calls for military doctors to be employed in plenty to reduce the death toll, which may lead to fewer soldiers in the country.
Do you aspire to become a military doctor in Kenya? Well, I am going to take you through a step-by-step guide on how to become a military doctor in Kenya.
Steps to Become a Military Doctor in Kenya
Here are the steps to follow in order to become a military doctor in Kenya:
- Attain a minimum mean grade of B+ in the KCSE with a minimum grade of B in English, Mathematics and Sciences.
- Attain a bachelor’s degree in medicine.
- You should be registered with the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board.
- Be physically and medically fit based on the KDF standards.
- You must be a Kenyan citizen.
- A female candidate should not be pregnant during the recruitment day.
- Have no criminal records.
- You must have a minimum height of 5 ft 4”.
- Should not be 30 years of age or older.
- Apply for the job by providing your certificates and submitting a duly filled in form.
These are the qualifications for becoming a military doctor in Kenya.
You may wish to know the KDF doctor’s salary, which ranges from Ksh. 78,000 to Ksh. 700,000 per month including all the allowances.
The Kenya Army medical battalion has the main aim of providing quality medication to the army at both peacetimes and wartime. Besides, Kenya navy sick bay has been highly improved, thus providing good medical working conditions. Indeed, becoming a military doctor needs determination and passion.