Kenya is one of the countries in the world with various unique tourist attraction sites, thus making the country rich. This is due to the fact that tourists pay revenue to the government, thus improving the country’s economy.
The availability of tourist sites in Kenya has created a high demand for tourist guides in Kenya.
Are you considering a career as a tour guide in Kenya? Well, you’ve come to the right site, where you will find a lot of information that will be of use to you.
“How do I become a tour guide in Kenya?” Well, here is how to become a tour guide in Kenya.
Process of Becoming a Tour Guide in Kenya
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to become a tour guide in Kenya:
- Attain a minimum mean grade of C-in the KCSE.
- Enroll at your institution of choice and pursue a diploma in travel and tour guiding. This tour guide course takes a duration of 1 year and 3 months to complete.
- After successfully passing your tour guide exams, you will receive a certificate in both tour and driver guide from Kenya Professional Safari Guides Association.
- Apply for tour guide jobs in Kenya by filling in application forms.
- Attaching the required documents, including your education certificates and curriculum vitae (CV), among others.
These are the simple steps of how to become a tour guide in Kenya.
You may be interested in knowing tour driver requirements in Kenya.
Tour Driver Application Checklist
Here are some of the requirements needed in order to become a tour driver in Kenya:
- The Tourism license application form.
- Driving license.
- Certificate of professionalism.
- Recommendation letter.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- National Identity card.
You must have these requirements in order to qualify as a tour driver in Kenya.
Tour Guide Jobs in Kenya
- Tour guide in Laikipia county.
- Tour guide in Segera.
- Tour guide in Buscojobs.
Secure a place by applying for a tour guide position.
Becoming a tour guide in Kenya can be easy or complicated, depending on the type of information you have at hand. Besides, there are various tour guide job opportunities in Kenya that you can apply for and enjoy the benefits of being a tour guide.