Due to criminal cases in modern society, lawyers are often used as a channel that chip in solving disputes in court by defending the parties presented in court. Sometimes, your lawyer determines whether you are going to lose or win a case. It is advisable to get a competent lawyer who will always defend you with everything that he or she has under control.
Perhaps you have a dream of becoming a lawyer in Kenya, yet you are stuck. I’ve got you covered as this article will guide you till you turn your dream into reality.
If you are stranded on how to become a lawyer in Kenya, then this is in store for you:
- Attain a minimum mean grade of B-in the KCSE.
- Enroll in an institution that is recognized by the Council of Legal Education in Kenya and pursue a Bachelor’s degree in law for four years.
- After attaining a degree, join a school of law and pursue a diploma in law for a year to specialize and acquire specific legal skills.
- You apply for a law license in Kenya, which will act as your identity in court or any other place.
- You should then follow the right process of admission to the bar in Kenya and work as an advocate after completing your diploma course in the School of Law.
This is the whole process of becoming a lawyer in Kenya.
Are you curious about what subjects you need in order to study law in Kenya? Well, you require English and one of the humanities, such as History, CRE, among others.
Types of Lawyers in Kenya
Due to the different types of law courses in Kenya, we have a different category of lawyers in Kenya dealing with various cases.
- Criminal Lawyer.
- Estate Planning Lawyer.
- Bankruptcy Lawyer.
- Corporate Lawyer.
- Employment Lawyer.
- Intellectual property lawyer.
- Personal Injury Lawyer.
Are you stuck on how to get a lawyer in Kenya? Well, you will get a lawyer based on the type of case and the city where you are. Ensure you get a professional to win the case in court.
You may also be interested in knowing the criminal lawyer’s salary in Kenya, which ranges from Ksh. 800,000 to Ksh. 10,000,000 depending on the client and the case presented in court.
In summary, lawyers have played a key role in defending clients in court. Besides, it a worthwhile career to delve into as it has a high-paying reward.