Tanzanian President John Magufuli is Dead.
The sad news was shared in public by Samia Sululu, on Wednesday night during a television address. Samia is serving the office of the vice-president of Tanzania. According to the report, the president had developed heart complications. As a result, he had been hospitalized at Jakaya Kikwete Cardiac Institute from 6th March 2021.
Following the custom, all Tanzanian flags would fly at half-mast during the mourning period. The nation would mourn the late president, John Magufuli, for two weeks as a State burial is prepared.
The president has been missing for a couple of weeks in public. As a result, it has been rumored that the president could have contracted COVID19 and was undergoing treatment. However, the speculations were never confirmed.
Biography of John Pombe Magufuli
- Magufuli was the 5th President of Tanzania, he had succeeded Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete
- He was in office from 5th November 2015 to 17 March 2021.
- Magufuli’s death came at a time when he was serving his second term in office (2020-2025)
- His political party is Chama Cha Mapinduzi (CCM)
- President Magufuli was born on 29 October 1959 in Chato, Tanzania
- His nationality is Tanzanian
- Magufuli died on 17 March 2021 at age 61
- He studied at the University of Dar es Salaam
- John Pombe Magufuli’s wife is Janet Magufuli
- His children are: Joseph Magufuli, and Jessica Magufuli