Health is always the first priority for every individual. Quality medication can be well administered to patients based on the health records provided by the health records officers in the amenity.
Expert record keeping is needed in any medical facility to enhance the hospital functionality.
Besides, poor record keeping can end a practitioner in the wrong side of the law. Thus, most of the medical facilities invest in expert health record keeping services.
Are you curious to know how much does a health record officer earn in Kenya? Health Records officer salary in Kenya is an average of Ksh.147,777 per month with all allowances being included.
Marketability Of Health Records And Information Technology In Kenya
Is health record and information technology marketable? Yes, health records and information technology is a highly marketable field in Kenya due to the availability of many Hospitals in Kenya. Also,it is in high demand since health records is a basis of all treatments in any facility.
Roles Of Health Records And Information Technology
Have you been prying on what is the work of health records and information technology? Health Records Technicians play the following roles:
1. Recording patients’ admission, transfers and discharges.
2. Booking Appointments for patients.
3. Record illnesses and treatment on patients’ records.
4. Transferring paper data into electronic systems.
5. Collating Statistics.
6. Organize health information.
7. Manage health information data by ensure maximum accuracy.
8. Provide security for electronic information.
9. Health Records And Information Technology Jobs In Kenya
10. Health Records Officer at Corporate staffing, Nairobi.
11. Health Records and Information Officer at Marie Stopes Nairobi.
12. Medical Records Officer at Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu.
13. Health Records Information officer at Canon Medical Hospital Nairobi.
14. Electronic Medical Records System Manager at International Rescue Committee.
15. Medical Records Technicians at Cooperative University.
16. Health Records Management Assistant at AMREF flying doctors.
To summarize, Health Records and Information Technology is among the best medical careers that one can pursue as a course of choice. In addition, there are very many job opportunities thus its has a near full employment in the country.