A laboratory is a building that allows scientists and engineers to conduct scientific or technical study, experiments, and measurements under controlled conditions.
Laboratory testing services is done in various fields such as schools, chemicals industries, and medical facilities among others.
Specimen are always sterilized and tested by Laboratory Technicians in the respective organizations. Laboratory tests help to diagnose, monitor, screening and research of a particular specimen.
Have you ever wondered how much is a lab technician paid in Kenya? A laboratory technician salary in Kenya ranges from Ksh.43,000 to Ksh.150,000.
These earnings can varies drastically depending on the organization, specialization, education level, and work experience among others.
Laboratory Technologist Salary In Kenya
Lab technologists have specialized in collecting samples and running tests on them using laboratory technological equipment.
Lab technologist salary in Kenya is an average of Ksh.70,000 per month including all monthly allowances.
Medical Laboratory Technician Salary In Kenya
Medical Laboratory Technicians have specialized in running laboratory tests on specimen in the hospital facilities.
Medical lab technician salary in Kenya is ksh.94,000 per month.
The salary is not static as it tends to increase due to the work experience and education level of an individual.
Diploma In Medical Lab Technician Salary
Diploma holders in medical laboratory technician also perform laboratory tests samples from patients.
Diploma holders in medical lab technician earn an average of Ksh.60,000 per month including all allowances.
School Lab Technician Salary In Kenya
Laboratories are also found in schools such as secondary schools. This calls upon employment of Laboratory Technicians.
Secondary school lab technician salary in Kenya is an average of ksh.68,000 per month including all allowances such as housing, transport, medical , and other benefits.
Science Laboratory Technology Salary In Kenya
Science lab technicians basically perform investigations based on biological, chemical and physical aspect of life.
Science Laboratory technician earns an average of Ksh.100,000 per month including all the benefit packages.
Laboratory Officer Salary in Kenya
Laboratory Officers supervise and perform laboratory tests on inorganic chemistry.
Laboratory Officers salary is an average of Ksh.119,999 on a monthly basis.
Science Laboratory Technology Jobs In Kenya
Some of the laboratory jobs you can apply now including medical laboratory science jobs in Kenya are:
1. Lab Technologist at Kiambu County Government Public Service Board.
2. Lab Technician in Nairobi.
3. Assistant Laboratory Technology at KEMRI in Kisumu.
4. Science Laboratory Technologist at Medical Training College.
5. Research Technician at International Maize and Wheat Improvement, Nairobi.
6. Lab technologist at Maseno University.
7. Medical Laboratory Science Jobs In Kenya
8. Lab Technologist at Mater Hospital.
9. Lab Technologist at Penda Health.
10. Lab Technologist (Hematology) at Aga Khan University Hospital.
11. Medical Lab Technologist at Kabarak University Nakuru.
12. Medical Lab Technologist III at Bungoma County Government.
13. Medical Laboratory Technologist III Public Service Commission, Nairobi.
To summarize, Laboratory technician is a marketable course with various job opportunities. This makes it a career that is worth studying since it is a high paying job.