Birth certificates are issued to Kenyan citizens as documents that demonstrate a person’s identity by containing information such as gender, location, parents, nationality, and others. Because of advances in technology, most things can now be done online, including applying for a birth certificate in Kenya.
In this article, I will show you how to register a birth certificate online in Kenya and how to verify a birth certificate online in Kenya, among other useful information.
Online Birth Certificate Application
Let us first start with the procedure of how to apply for a birth certificate online:
- Log in to the parents’ eCitizen portal.
- Apply for an eCitizen birth certificate under the civil registration department.
- Select the category of the birth certificate.
- Fill in the Kenyan birth certificate application form b1.
- Upload the required documents so as to proceed to the next step.
- Make payments using your preferred payment method based on the options given.
- Submit the Kenyan birth certificate application form (b4 pdf).
- A notification will be sent to you showing the processing of your birth certificate.
- Pick up your birth certificate at the nearest Huduma center that you chose while filling out the birth certificate application form.
This is how you apply for a birth certificate online, thus saving time that would otherwise be spent queuing in the respective offices.
Requirements for Birth Certificate Application
Here are some requirements needed the process of birth certificate application
- Original copy of birth notification.
- A copy of the parents’ National Identity Cards.
- Well filled out birth certificate application forms.
- Birth certificate processing fees.
Are you curious to know how long it takes to get a birth certificate in Kenya? In Kenya, it takes an average of 2 to 6 months for a birth certificate to be processed.
You can check for a birth certificate online through the eCitizen portal. Simply log in to the portal and make a request for your birth certificate.
To summarize, birth certificates help you enjoy rights as a Kenyan citizen in terms of social rights, education rights, employment rights, among others. Ensure you have a birth certificate by either applying online or physically based on your preference.