Temporary passports are typically issued to people in emergency situations so that they can attend to their needs as soon as possible. Furthermore, it is always a short-term use passport that is only valid until a specific date.
Do you want to know how to get a temporary passport in Kenya? You’ve come to the right place because I’m going to walk you through a number of informative procedures, including how to apply for an emergency passport in Kenya.
Application Process for Temporary Passport
Here is the procedure on how to apply for a temporary passport in Kenya:
- Log in to the eCitizen portal using this link: http://ecitizen.go.ke/
- Go to the department of immigration services.
- Select temporary permits and choose the temporary permit application that suits you.
- Click on apply now to get started.
- Fill in the application form correctly and upload the required documents.
- Payment is made using your preferred payment method based on the payment options given.
- Download your forms.
- Print the application form.
- Stick your passport photo on the application form.
- Submit your eCitizen temporary passport application form in person to the immigration officer.
You can use this procedure to apply for a temporary passport to Uganda, a temporary East African passport, and also a temporary passport to Tanzania from Kenya.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is a temporary passport in Kenya?
A temporary passport in Kenya costs Ksh. 350, which is an affordable to many.
How long does it take to get a temporary passport in Kenya?
It takes an average of ten working days for your temporary passport to be processed and be ready for use.
In the final analysis, you can easily get a temporary passport in Kenya when you follow the given procedure. Besides, it is quite affordable to get a temporary passport in Kenya.