East African countries have now developed an East African Passport, which allows you to travel within the East African regions. As an East African citizen, you can now move around with ease and your rights are protected.
This invention has brought more benefits to society as a whole. It allows people to conduct business across national borders, thus making a lot of money.
Guidelines on How to Apply for an East African Passport
In this article, I am going to show you how to apply for an East African Passport:
- Log in to the eCitizen portal using this link: www.ecitizen.go.ke.
- Make your registration on this portal.
- Click on the department of immigration services.
- Click on the passport application form.
- Select the East African Passport application.
- Fill in the East African Application form correctly and remember to give honest details.
- Make payments using your preferred mode of payment based on the choices given.
- Download the application form.
- Print your application form.
- Attach the required documents and receipts.
- Submit the application form physically at the immigration offices near you.
- You will receive a notification showing you the progress of your East African Passport and the day to pick it up.
This is the easiest way to apply for an East African passport without inconveniences.
East African Passport Requirements
Here are some of the East African passport application Kenya requirements:
- Your original and a photocopy of your national ID.
- Your recommender’s ID.
- Original and a photocopy of your birth certificate.
- Consent letters for minors.
- Three current passport-size photos.
- Well filled East African passport application form.
Are you wondering how much an East African passport costs in Kenya? The cost of an East African passport ranges from Ksh. 6,500 to Ksh. 10,000 depending on the type of East African passport one has decided to apply for.
I believe you have now gotten a clear picture of how to apply for an East African passport and the necessary requirements. Get your East African passport today and start exploring East African countries.