Cement is one of the major building materials on any permanent building site. Cement is widely used in the modern world, unlike in the pre-industrial era when people used other materials such as wood, iron sheets, mud, among others.
Furthermore, there are several upcoming infrastructure projects in Kenya today, leading to a high demand for cement, making the cement business a superb venture.
Do you want to know how to become a cement distributor in Kenya? Well, if that’s the case, then you have come to the right site. I’ll walk you through the process of becoming a cement distributor in Kenya.
8 Steps to Become a Cement Distributor in Kenya
Here is the procedure on how you can become a cement distributor in Kenya today:
- Have a strategic cement business plan that will act as your compass in giving you directions. Your plan should have a capital, running expense, etc.
- Conduct thorough market research in order to identify your competitors and also know your immediate customers.
- Identify an ideal location where you will put up your cement warehouse. Location matters as it determines the number of customers at your door.
- Have reliable transportation. As a cement distributor, you need to have reliable transport means to avoid the inconveniences of time delays, among others.
- Get yourself a reliable cement supplier that is well known for its high quality cement so you can have more customers.
- Register your business with the local authorities and pay for the license that will authorize you to distribute cement in the country at large.
- Open a bank account for your business. It is best when your money is safe. Besides, having cash in your house is never safe, thus ensuring you put money in a bank account.
- Market your business mainly through advertisements to ensure a larger population becomes aware of your cement business.
This is how you become a successful cement distributor in Kenya.
Cement Distributing Companies in Kenya
There are several cement distributing companies in Kenya, including:
- Bamburi cement distributors.
- Savannah cement.
- Lees Cement distributors and suppliers.
- Mombasa Cement distributors.
Bamburi Cement Contacts
Bamburi cement distributors are found all over the country. You can emulate their example.
Contact the below numbers:
- 02 02893000
- +254 722 202111
Mombasa Cement Contacts
You can as well become a Mombasa cement distributor.
Below are their contacts:
Cement business is a type of business that anyone can do as it has no educational qualifications. Ensure you follow the right procedure to avoid hassles that may cost you a lot of cash. Follow the steps discussed on how to become a cement distributor in Kenya and you’ll be good to go.