A death certificate is an official document issued by the government that legally declares the cause of death, location of death, time of death and other personal details of the deceased which may be required to settle decedent’s estate and obtain insurance and other pensions. The certificate is also a requirement when transporting the deceased body from one location to another for burial.
Are you looking for how to get a duplicate death certificate in Kenya? Well, you are at the right place because I will take you through simple steps that will help you obtain a death certificate in Kenya. For this reason, let us get started on how to get a death certificate in Kenya.
Steps on How to Get a Death Certificate in Kenya
The following are some of the steps to follow in order to obtain a death certificate in Kenya:
- Visit a local district registrar’s office in the area where the deceased died and make an application.
- Fill a death certificate application form in Kenya.
- Attach the burial permit and the deceased National identity card copy.
- Attach a death certificate fee of Ksh.50 and amendment fees.
- Return the completed form with the required fees to the District civil registrar.
- Wait for the issuance of the death certificate.
This is the easiest way to get a death certificate in Kenya in a district as well as getting a Huduma Centre death certificate.
How to Apply for Death Certificate Through Online
You may also want to know how to apply for death certificate in Kenya online which is as follows:
- Visit eCitizen portal.
- Log in that portal.
- Click on the civil registration department.
- Press the death certificate application and follow the given instructions.
- Fill in the required information.
- Click on continue to review information.
- Click on submit application.
- Make the necessary payments using your preferred method of payment.
- Print your payment receipt.
- Submit a copy of your eCitizen invoice for processing to begin.
This is how to get an eCitizen death certificate in Kenya.
The following are some additional questions that you might be having:
How long does it take to get a death certificate in Kenya?
Well, it takes an average of three days to get a sample of death certificate in Kenya in various places and also online but only a day in the local districts.
Where can I get a death certificate in Nairobi?
You can get a death certificate in any civil registration office in Nairobi.
In brief, it is easy to obtain a death certificate in Kenya by following the right legal procedure. I wish you luck as you try to apply for one.