NHIF penalties are always imposed on a person due to failure to pay the required amount per month or delayed payments. It is advisable to pay the NHIF on time to avoid unnecessary expenses in the form of penalties. Sometimes, the presence of unavoidable circumstances leads you to the failure of NHIF payments.
Perhaps you’re wondering how to pay for the NHIF Penalty through Mpesa. This article is especially meant for you as it contains basic details that will help you out.
Guidelines on How to Pay for NHIF Penalty
Let me show you the guide on how to pay the NHIF Penalty via Mpesa:
- Go to your Sim Toolkit menu on your mobile phone.
- Select Mpesa options.
- Click Lipa na Mpesa.
- Press pay bill options.
- Key in your business number as “200222.”
- Key in your national identity number as your account number and add a letter y at the end of your ID number to show penalty.
- Enter the amount you intend to pay to the NHIF.
- Put your pin down.
- Confirm the details and press OK to complete the transaction process.
- An instant message is sent to you showing whether the transaction was successful or not.
This is the simplest way to pay the NHIF penalty using Mpesa after the NHIF payment deadline has passed.
Perhaps you want to know the NHIF paybill number penalty, which is 200222, and put your ID number as your account number plus an additional y to indicate penalty payment. It is very rare to find an NHIF paybill not working, and in this case, you will have to be patient to avoid making the wrong payments.
How to Check NHIF Penalty Online
Are you curious about how to check NHIF penalties online? Here is the procedure:
- Visit the NHIF official website.
- Create an account if you do not have an existing account.
- Enter your NHIF number to start the registration process.
- Fill in the details and submit them.
- Create a unique password and log in to the portal.
- If you click on “NHIF Status,” you will get your NHIF penalty in the event of late payments.
I believe you have now got an idea on how to check the NHIF penalty online.
Are you curious to know how much the NHIF penalty is per month? The NHIF penalty per month costs Ksh. 250. This penalty ensures members are on track in terms of payments to avoid inconveniences.
Sometimes, an NHIF penalty waiver is written so as to be considered in terms of payment, and this does you good as it will help you save on cost.
In the final analysis, penalties are only there to ensure people maintain discipline when it comes to payments so as to have good insurance cover with no inconveniences.