The National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) enables Kenyans of all classes to access quality and affordable health services. NHIF is always appreciated globally due to its key position that plays a vital role in the primary providence of health insurance.
Do you want to apply for an NHIF card in Kenya? Well, you can apply for the card online without any difficulty.
You may sometimes lose your NHIF card due to unavoidable circumstances like fire, etc. Do not worry yourself about this as you can apply for NHIF card replacement online by visiting the NHIF website using your phone or laptop.
Are you curious about where I can get an NHIF card? You can get your NHIF card by visiting any NHIF office near you, or rather, the Huduma center in your area of localization.
How to Apply for NHIF card Online
Perhaps you are stuck on how to get an NHIF card. Follow the below step-by-step process.
- Log in to the NHIF website using this link: http://www.nhif.or.ke/healthinsurance/registeronline/.
- Choose whether you are employed or self-employed.
- Fill out the application form.
- Attach copies of your ID and passport, among others.
- Click “Save.”
- Make payments using your preferred method of payment.
- You will also receive an SMS showing your NHIF card number. This is how you get your NHIF number.
- Visit the NHIF offices or Huduma Center to collect your card, where you will be given an NHIF card sample.
These are the simple steps that you should follow in order to obtain an NHIF card in Kenya today.
Common Questions About NHIF
The Time it Takes to Get an NHIF Card
Are you curious to know how long it takes to get an NHIF card? It takes up to 14 days to get your NHIF card after registering.
The Time it Takes for NHIF to be Active
Do you want to know how long NHIF takes to be active after registration? It takes 60 days for NHIF to be active after registration and monthly payment is due on the third month.
The NHIF card has really played a vital role in the health care of the common mwanainchi. A riveting part about NHIF is the minimum amount of money paid at the end of every month, which is affordable for almost all Kenyans. Get yourself an NHIF card today and be part of the campaign for universal health care in Kenya.