Kenyan passports are not only meant for adults but also for children. This has made life easier for parents who want to go to other countries with their children without any restrictions. Also, parenting is being catered for as children cannot be left all alone by themselves. Sometimes, a child can also be needed in other countries, so you are required to apply for a child’s passport.
If you are looking for how to apply for a child’s passport in Kenya, then you are at the right place. Here is the procedure that you will use:
- Log in to the eCitizen portal.
- Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke.
- Click on the Department of Immigration services.
- Click on “Apply Now”.
- Select the type of passport you are applying for.
- Click on the child’s passport application form.
- Fill in the child’s application form carefully while following the given instructions.
- Make the required payments using your preferred mode of payment.
- Download the application form and the payment receipts.
- Print the application form.
- Present your child’s passport application form at the immigration offices in person.
- Pick up your child’s passport when it is due.
This is the simplest way you can apply for a child’s passport in Kenya without straining.
Requirements for a Child’s Passport Application
- An original and a copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Parents’ National Identity Cards.
- Current passport-size photos of the child
- Consent letter for minors’ passports Kenya.
- A well-filled eCitizen child’s passport application form.
- Recommender’s ID.
These are some of the requirements that you must have in order to apply for a child’s passport in Kenya.
A child’s passport is applied for in Kenya so as to give identity to a child and also protect them from the rights of citizens in that country. Besides, a child’s passport in Kenya can be easily applied for as it does not require a lot of details, unlike adult passports.
How to Get Birth Certificate in Kenya
How to Apply For a Passport in Kenya