The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) is a government agency that ensures taxes are paid to the Kenyan government by businesses and individuals. The government generates revenue through taxation in order to fund projects that will ensure the country’s economic growth. A business KRA pin is a legal requirement for starting a business in Kenya.
Do you want to know how to apply for a company KRA pin? This article is definitely for you because it contains all the relevant details that you require.
Guidelines for Business KRA Pin Registration
Here is the procedure on how to apply for a business KRA pin:
- Log in to the KRA portal using this link: http://www.itax.kra.hgo.ke/.
- Click on “New pin registration.”
- Choose non – individual.
- Select the online form.
- Fill in the KRA pin registration form with the correct details.
- By checking the relevant boxes, choose suitable tax obligations.
- Enter details of partners or company directors.
- Key in the results of the arithmetic sum given and submit your KRA pins application.
This is how you apply for a business KRA pin. This can be easily done on a computer.
Requirements for Group KRA Pin Registration
In order to apply for a business pin as a group, there are some requirements that you have to meet. Here is a list of these requirements:
- Copy of acknowledgement receipt.
- A copy of the director’s KRA pin certificate.
- Copy of CR12.
- Copy of tax compliance certificate.
- Copy of certificate of incorporation.
- Copy of the certificate of Memorandum and Article Association.
These are the requirements for a group KRA pin registration
The KRA pin for sole proprietorship is also easy to obtain when you follow the right procedure. Besides, it is good to have a KRA pin for your business to avoid unnecessary inconveniences caused by the local government. I believe you have gotten the guidelines for PIN registration for your business.