Bank agents in Kenya have brought a lot of benefits to society at large due to the fact that they bring the services close to the citizens. Instead of going all the way to the bank and having to patiently wait in the long queues, you can simply find the same services from a bank agent near you.
Perhaps you are wondering how to become a Co-operative Bank agent in Kenya. Well, you have come to the right site as I am going to walk you through a detailed procedure on how you can become a bank agent in Kenya easily now.
Guidelines on Becoming a Co-operative Bank Agent in Kenya
Let us get started with the step-by-step guide on how you can become a co-operative bank agent in Kenya:
- Visit the Cooperative Bank branch nearby.
- Request for a Co-operative Bank Agency Application Form
- Fill in the form correctly.
- Ensure you have your identity card and equip yourself with the required documents.
- Attach the required documents.
- Sign your application form, then submit it.
- Make the required payments.
- Wait for the agent appraisal process to be completed by the co-operative bank.
- After completion of the agent appraisal process, the bank allows you to set up the co-operative agent banking business.
This is how you become a co-op bank agent in Kenya.
Co-operative Bank Agent Requirements
Here are some of the requirements one need to fulfill in order to become a co-op bank agent:
- KRA Pin certificate.
- Original and a copy of your national identity card.
- Recent bank statements.
- Certificate of registration.
- Business permits for the last 12 months.
These are some of the documents that you must provide during the Co-operative Bank agency application process.
You may also be interested in knowing that the co-op bank agent commission ranges from Ksh. 20 to Ksh. 1,000 per transaction depending on the amount of money being transacted.
In the final analysis, Co-operative Bank agents have played a vital role in extending banking services to the people in the local villages who cannot easily access the Co-operative Bank. Becoming a Co-operative Bank agent fetches you maximum profits as you are able to get commission per transaction.