Family Bank is among the largest commercial banks licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya. Family Bank has now brought family banking services to every residential area for easy access by the members. Many people are appreciating this action of family bank agents as it saves them time and money.
Do you want to know how to become a family bank agent? Well, this article is definitely meant for you as you are going to get all the information on how to become a successful family bank agent in Kenya.
Best Way to Become a Family Bank Agent
Let us get started with a step-by-step guide on how to become a family bank agent that will work well for you as a starter:
- Visit family bank near you.
- Request for the family bank agent application form.
- Fill in the required details in the application form.
- Attach all the requirements.
- Submit your application form and wait for your appraisal to be processed.
- Once your appraisal is confirmed, you will apply for a family bank agent license.
- Obtain your license and get the required float.
- Set up your family bank agent business.
This is the detailed process of how to become a Family Bank agent.
Before submitting your application form, you should ensure you have the following:
- Have two passport-sized photos.
- Have an account with a family bank.
- Provide family bank statements for the last six months.
- Have your KRA pin certificate handy.
- Provide a copy of your national identity card.
- You must have a current business permit showing you have been in business for the last 12 months.
- Dully filled CBK forms 3 and 4 witnessed by a commission of oaths.
- Have a certificate of registration for your business.
- Have the ability to raise the amount of float determined by the bank.
This is the easiest way of becoming a family bank agent in Kenya.
Perhaps you want to be aware of family bank withdrawal charges, which start at a minimum of Ksh. 10 and can reach a maximum of Ksh. 10,000 per transaction depending on the amount of money being withdrawn.
Mpesa to family bank charges Ksh. 35, while a family bank account to Mpesa charges an average of Ksh. 80.
Family bank atm cards can now be used to withdraw money from family bank agents without having to go all the way to the bank. Besides, Family Bank agents earn a commission per transaction, making it a worthwhile business.