Perhaps you are asking yourself what an alien card is? An alien card is a card that is issued to foreigners who have decided to reside in Kenya. The importance of an alien card in Kenya is mainly for identification purposes for foreigners. You can apply for an alien card in Kenya if you have stayed in the country for a period of at least 3 months. An alien card expires, which calls for its renewal.
Here is the procedure that can work well for you on how to renew an alien card in Kenya:
- Log in to the eFNS portal using the account that you created earlier on.
- Navigate to the alien card application.
- Select the Apply Now link.
- Choose renewal of the alien card.
- Fill in the required details.
- Upload the required documents.
- Make the required payments as requested.
- Submit your renewal application.
- Pick up your renewed alien card in the immigration office near you.
eFNS Kenya (Electronic Foreign National Service) has made life simple as you can do your eFNS alien card renewal online from the comfort of your home.
Alien Card Renewal Requirements
You may also desire to know the alien card renewal requirements, which are:
- Previous copy of your alien card.
- Two passport-sized photos with a white background.
- Charging fee of Ksh.1,000.
- Proof of residence.
- A duly filled online renewal application form.
Are you curious about how long it takes to get a renewed alien card in Kenya? Well, it takes an average of six weeks after your biometrics data has been captured and recorded.
To summarize, alien cards in Kenya have helped foreigners access a lot of privileges, such as employment in Kenyan organizations, conducting businesses in Kenya without being penalized, and traveling to other countries freely, among others. Besides, applying for an alien card is not as difficult as it may seem. Upon the expiry of the alien card, you are to renew it in order to continue enjoying the benefits that come with it.