A KRA pin is always essential for students, as it is required for numerous applications, including the initial HELB application, opening bank accounts, and school admissions, among others. In addition, a KRA pin must be applied for when the applicant is 18 or older, and if they do not have a stable job, they must file KRA returns of zero.
Do you want to know how to apply for a KRA pin for a student? It is a simple process that I will take you through. Besides, all you need is an internet connection and a device such as a laptop, computer, iPad, or phone, among others.
The following is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a KRA pin for students:
- Go to itax.kra.go.ke.
- Once you have logged in to the KRA portal, navigate to the KRA registration.
- Click on “New PIN Registration”
- Choose Non-individual KRA pin registration.
- Select the online form as your registration mode.
- Key in the students’ basic details.
- Select your preferred tax obligations by checking the relevant boxes.
- Key in the agent’s details if you have one.
- Key in the results of the arithmetic sum provided.
- Submit your application.
- Your KRA pin will be automatically displayed on your screen.
- You can download and print to obtain a hard copy of your KRA pin.
- A soft copy of your KRA pin is left in your email.
KRA registration online has simplified work as one is able to get an e-KRA pin.
You may also be interested in knowing the KRA pin registration requirements, which are:
- Your National Identity Card.
- Parents details.
- Employers KRA pin if employed.
- An alien card if you are a foreigner.
- Your working email address.
A KRA Pin is always a mandatory tool when conducting business in Kenya or even employment. It is therefore important to apply for a KRA Pin the moment you possess your national identity card. Follow the given steps in order to successfully register your KRA pin.