Criminal cases are present in today’s life as there is a whole society full of people with different personalities and characteristics. The Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI) is a criminal investigation department that has helped to curb the situation of complex criminal cases.
They get to the root of the matter so as to arrest the right criminal. This is among the risky jobs that require passion and determination in order to be successful.
Guideline to Become a DCI in Kenya
Let me take you through the step-by-step procedure on how to become a DCI in Kenya:
- Attain a minimum mean grade of C in the KCSE.
- Have at least a minimum grade of C in English or Kiswahili.
- Attain a degree or diploma in the following courses: pure science, applied science, and social science.
- You must be 45 years of age or older.
- Prove your passion for criminal investigation by passing the given test.
- DCI recruitment is then announced to the public.
- Apply for the DCI job by downloading the application form from the DCI Kenya portal.
- Fill in the form correctly and upload it together with your curriculum vitae.
- You will then be required to undergo special training after the interview.
This is how to become a DCI in Kenya, as it is a career that is worth investing time in.
You may be interested in knowing the structure of DCI Kenya, which is formed by the DCI ranks in Kenya, which are:
- Sub- inspectors.
DCI JKIA is always there at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to investigate cases related to international people and also Kenyans who cooperate with them.
In summary, the Directorate of Criminal Investigation has played a vital role in serving justice to society by arresting the right criminal. Besides, it is a high-paying career.