DCI are among the well paid persons in Kenya. Besides, they also benefit from allowances and can command a higher salary when the rank is advanced.
DCI meaning is Directorate of Criminal Investigations mainly deal with:
1. Collecting and providing criminal intelligence.
2. Investigating serious crimes such as murder cases, human trafficking, money laundering, narcotic crimes, terrorism, piracy, economic crimes, homicides, cybercrimes, organized crimes, and others.
3. Detect and prevent crimes.
4. Carry out forensic analysis.
5. Coordinate country’s Interpol Affairs.
6. Maintain law and order.
7. Apprehend law offenders
So, what is the salary of a DCI in Kenya? DCI salary in Kenya is an average of Ksh 70,000 per month.
DCI Ranks In Kenya
Directorate of Criminal Investigations has various ranks such as;
a. Deputy Inspector General-who has the same role as Brigadier General in the Kenya Defense Force(KDF).
b. Senior Assistant Inspector General-plays the same role as Colonel in the Kenya Defense Force.
c. Assistant Inspector General-equivalent to the Liutent Colonel in the Kenya Defense Force(KDF).
Requirements To Join DCI
How to join DCI in Kenya has been the question that is on board recently in the internet world. Joining Directorate of Criminal Investigations is so simple as long as you pass the following conditions:
1. Must attain a minimum grade of ‘C’ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
2. Be a degree or a diploma holder in either pure sciences, social sciences or applied sciences.
3. Must posses specific skills such as integrity in operations.
4. Must prove that he or she has passion in investigations.
5. Must possess problem solving skills, innovative skills among others.
To sum up, Directorate of Criminal Investigations has really played a major role in crime investigations and getting into the roots of the crimes. This has helped in getting the guilty criminals who are jailed as part of the punishment.