Urban and Regional planning mainly aims at development and design of land use and the built environment such as infrastructure that passes into and urban areas including communication networks, transport facilities, among others. This is done by urban planners.
You may be wondering, is an urban planner a good career? Yes, urban planner is a good career in the modern world due to the increased urbanization. This makes urban planning services in demand thus more marketable in Kenya.
Have you ever wondered how much does an Urban planner earn in Kenya? Urban and regional planning salary in Kenya ranges from as low as Ksh.50,000 to as high as Ksh.160,000 inclusive of all allowances per month.
Highest Paid Urban Planners In Kenya
You may be interested in knowing where are urban planners paid the most? Urban Planners are paid the most in cities such as Nairobi due to the various organizations located there. These urban planners receive an average of Ksh.150,000 per month including all monthly allowances.
Urban And Regional Planning Jobs
Job vacancies that is available for urban and regional planners include:
1. UN Habitat Urban Development Specialist at Kenya Non Governmental Organizations (NGO).
2. Urban Planner at African Development Bank.
3. Urban Planner at United Nations Human Settlement, Nairobi.
4. Program Management Officer at Human Settlements, Nairobi.
5. Financial Planning and Analysis at Twiga Foods.
6. Global E2E Planning BP at Diageo, Nairobi.
7. Urban Development Specialist at UN-Habitat, Nairobi.
8. Assistant Program Management Officer at United Nations, Nairobi.
9. Director Engineering at Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA).
10. Urban Designer at ATKINS.
11. Protection Associate -28815 at UN -Habitat.
12. Policy Analysis Expert at UN -Habitat.
13. Deputy Executive Director at UN – Habitat.
To conclude, Urban and regional planning is a career that is worth studying due to its vital role in development of projects that generate income in the day to day life. Besides, one earns more salary per month.